Thursday, March 29, 2007

Jam Tarts

This morning I was making some pies and I had some left over crust dough, so I decided to make some jam tarts. We used to make them when I was little and my mom was baking pies. Making them, but most of all eating them, brought back some really fond memories from my childhood. I have this picture in my head of Reed and Mom and I in our kitchen at Thanksgiving time (it must have been Thanksgiving because Mom didn't really make pies that often). Mom is baking in the kitchen, and Reed and I are on the other side of the counter. We roll out the leftover dough, cut it into squares, and put a spoonful of homemade raspberry jam in each square and then pinch the edges shut. Then we put them on a cookie sheet and mom bakes them. I remember that mine were always too big with either way too much jam or way too little. Anyway, just a nice thing I remembered today.

2 comments:

ryan.abbott.dds said...

Yum!

Crista said...

What do you mean I hardly ever made pie?!! Just kidding.