Saturday, March 10, 2007

My Talia Bear

Look at these pictures of Talia and myself! I am so proud of the fact that she looks so much like I did. Every time someone saw Petra, they would say, "She looks just like her daddy!". It kind of hurt my feelings. Actually, the part that bothered me was that she has always been such a Daddy's Girl. In the middle of the night, I wasn't the one she called for. If she fell down, she didn't want me. Maybe Talia can be mine. Not that she seems to care all that much who holds her at this point. I think that it will make a big difference that I'm staying home with the girls, though. It already has made a difference with Petra's and my relationship, I think. She no longer cries "I want daddy!" whenever she doesn't get her way.

I'm actually enjoying staying home a lot of the time. But, man, is it hard! I don't think anyone can truly understand how difficult it is until they try it. Trying to keep the house clean without neglecting the girls is practically impossible. I've kind of given up, to tell the truth. I decided that the girl's need my attention a lot more than the kitchen does (not that I'm not trying to keep everything reasonably tidy, it's just not what I would call really clean). And the girls always seem to desperately need my attention at exactly the same time. If Petra wets her pants, Talia is suddenly starving to death. It's triage. Decide who really needs my attention more at that moment. Am I the only one who feels like a newborn's cries indicate a need for urgent attention? It always makes me feel like I've really got to hurry and attend to her when Talia starts screaming. It takes a real effort to ignore her if Petra needs me more.

2 comments:

Crista said...

Talia looks even more like you did than she does in this picture. Isn't that fun? The funny thing is, a lot of people have said that Petra looks like me, but I always tell them she looks exactly like her Daddy. Well, whoever they look like, they're both as adorable as can be!

aleahj said...

Petra's eyes look a lot like yours.