Saturday, March 17, 2007

My First Rehersal

Yesterday was the first rehersal for Into the Woods. It was actually just a read through. It turned out to be kind of boring, but I am sure that they will get more interesting. They had technical difficulties with the score CD, so we just sang along with the soundtrack and read through our lines. It took about three hours to get through the play. And of course, I don't have a very big part, so most of the time I was just sitting there.

I was really glad about one thing, though. It turned out that with a lot of the biggest parts, they "split" them so that two people are playing the same part. They will only get to perform every other night! I'm glad that I get to be in every performance.

Speaking of which, for those interested, here are the performance dates: May 4, 5, 7, 11, 12, 14, 18, 19, 21, 25, & 26. Those are all Firdays, Saturdays, or Mondays.

I'm really hoping that I can help with the costuming. I think that would be really fun, too.

1 comment:

Crista said...

Maybe you can get some cross-stitching done, or knitting, while you're waiting for your turn to rehearse. ReheArsals can be long and boring but I hope you'll meet some people you like and get to be friends with them. That can be one of the most enjoyable aspects of being in a play, and if you don't believe me, just ask Brad & Angelina!