Saturday, May 26, 2007

What I've Been Up To

Petra's surgery went very well. She seems to be feeling great now, although the first few days were pretty rough. Today she did her legs in a little half split, which we have never seen her be able to do on the left side, so it totally seems to have helped! Here she is in her new swimsuit, although she can't get her cast wet, she just likes to be in her swimsuit. And here is a picture of the plate and screws that they took out of her leg, with a quarter for size comparison.
I just finished a new project. Dusty designed this one (he drew a picture), and then I went through and stitched it out of felt and added the embellishments. I have absolutely no idea how long I have been working on this, only that I almost threw it out at one point because I never felt like working on it, but then I looked at it and saw how cute it was and couldn't bear to get rid of it.


We got a new puppy!! His name is Copper, and to be honest, I wasn't all that excited about getting another dog, because I thought he'd be a pain, but so far, he's been wonderful. He is a purebred beagle, and he is a very calm, sedate dog (compared to Eppie). He loves to be pet, but he doesn't lick. He's actually not a puppy, he's three, but he's half the size of Eponine! Here's a picture of Copper with Kira and a picture of Eppie, who we've had for nearly four years, for those of you who don't know her.

I just finished a new book. It is called The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. It was not at all what I expected it to be, but I enjoyed it very much. I thought that it was going to be an historical fiction, but it turns out that it is a Vampire novel. Don't get turned off when I say that. It's not very fantastical or out there. It's about this father and daughter who track Dracula through history. It is very much in the vein of Brahm Stoker's Dracula, which I have also read, and is also very good. (Sometime, Ryan is going to have to tell me how to past in a picture of the cover from Amason.com, because I tried copying and pasting and it didn't work).

Oh, and here is the picture I promised from the play, which is going very well, but I think I'm about ready for it to be over (which it almost is, next Saturday is the last day).


1 comment:

Crista said...

I was just telling someone today how amazed I am that, even though I see Petra (& Talia) at least once a week, every time they come over I notice they've grown in some way. Petra is speaking more clearly, saying more words, and definitely has more opinions than ever before. Talia smiles more, moves around more, holds her head up better, and I even caught her sucking her thumb once or twice!

Your crafts are beautiful. Don't you DARE throw any of them away, half-finished! Give them to me before you do that.