Sunday, June 3, 2007

One Of Those Moments

Tonight, I had one of those moments. So often, it seems like I just try to get through the hours of the day, or wait for something better to come along. "Once I'm not so sick anymore, then I will be happy," etc. I know it's not the way to live a happy life, but forcing happiness has never really been that easy for me, even though I do try to see the good points in a situation. Anyway, once in a long while, I have a moment, about 15 minutes or so at the most, of absolute peace. It's completely unrelated to what I am doing at the time, but I can only describe it as utter contentment, and for that brief period of time, I wouldn't change a thing. I was cooking dinner, and Dusty was outside singing to the girls, who were swinging. The door was open, and the weather was beautiful... Last time, I was just driving in my car. Nothing fancy. Life's little blessings.

1 comment:

ryan.abbott.dds said...

I like to call that, "The Pearl of Great Price."