Thursday, August 20, 2009

Which Came First? The Egg!

Yesterday I heard the chickens freaking out in the middle of the day, so I sent Dusty out to see if anything was wrong. He came back with a small brown egg. That's right, our chickens have laid their first egg! I am so proud of myself. I hatched those chickens from eggs, fed them, cleaned their pen, watered them, and now, the rewards (other than eating our obnoxoius big rooster a couple of weeks ago heh heh heh.) I had the egg from yesterday and one from this morning for breakfast. Yum!

2 comments:

Katie @ Favorites and Things said...

Do they taste any different from store bought eggs?

aleahj said...

They are a lot smaller, because our chickens are still quite young. And I've only eaten two of them, scrambled. But yes, I do think that they taste better. It could be my imagination, but I guess they still taste better either way, so there you go!