Monday, August 31, 2009

Oh, So Very Tired

Last night, we had a serious lightning storm that woke Dusty and I up in the middle of the night. Dusty swears that our lawn got struck. I'll take a picture and post it in the morning, and you can decide.

Anyway, not much sleep last night, and today was my longest day of classes so far. Basically, 8 AM to 5 PM full of classes, with one hour off between noon and 1. In fact, there is only one class that I am taking that did not meet today (and every Monday for the rest of the semester.)

Because I had nothing scheduled for that hour of the day, I decided to take an Institute class this semester. No, I just walked into the building one day and everyone was so nice, and it just felt good, so I decided to take a class (the first one I will have ever completed, incidentally.) Today was the first class, and the instructor went through trying to learn everyone's names. He asked each person their name and a few questions about themselves. When I told him my name, he decided that he could remember it because in Hebrew means 'weary' and I have 7 children!

Now, whenever he says my name, he says it with almost a little sigh, and a sad half-shake of his head, like, "Poor, Leah. She's so tired!"