Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Earrings and Other Things


Yesterday, Petra got her ears pierced. She asked about it, and I decided that if she was old enough to understand that it was going to hurt, but she still wanted to do it, then she was probably old enough to do it. She picked out some pink studs, and she is thrilled to have "gotten my ears pierced for the very first time!" (and only time, I mentally add.) It really was a pretty good experience. I took her to Wal-Mart, and she behaved very nicely while I did the things I needed to do, and then I took her over to the earrings. She picked out a set that she liked, only $10 and free piercing with purchase, not bad! Then, she sat in my lap and two ladies cleaned her earlobes and marked where the piercings should be. Then, they both held an earring gun, and at the same time, they did both ears. She cried for a minute, but that's to be expected. The only bad thing was that one of the ladies missed the marked spot. They said that they would re-do it for free, but I didn't want to torture Petra by taking the earring out and re-piercing her ear. Honestly, it looked fine to me. She was really excited to show her Daddy--it was a big surprise for him!

On my end of things, I auditioned for two plays at the Virginia a couple of weeks back, and I just heard back from Ronnie (the owner.) I got the part of Lady Capulet in Romeo and Juliet, and the part of one of the daughters in The Pirates of Penzance. I've done Pirates before in the same role, and it was really fun.

Talia had her two-year check at the doctor's yesterday, and everything looks fabulous. Plus, she's been doing really well with her toilet training. The last couple of days, she didn't have any accidents, and she's gotten really good about telling me when she needs to go. The only problem we've had is that she can't hold it very well yet. Yesterday when we were at Wal-Mart, right in the middle of checking out, she started yelling, "ba-room! ba-room!" I tried to go as quickly as possible, but we didn't quite make it.

And Dusty? Well, he's been walking to work most days, now that we live so close to the school, doing private tutoring three days a week, and fencing classes two days a week. So, as you can see, he is very busy these days!

2 comments:

Crista said...

I can't wait to see Petra's earrings!

That's cool that you got into the plays. We'll have to come up and see them.

Heather A said...

I am glad to hear what is going on with you guys. Looks like lots of fun things. Looking forward to seeing you!