Saturday, January 24, 2009

Chinese Night

At the beginning of the week I was feeling bored, so I decided to have a Chinese party for our family. Tonight, the older kids made origami, and the little girls made Chinese lanterns from the nickjr.com website. I made Sweet and Sour egg drop soup, egg rolls (store bought), ham fried rice, and sweet and sour chicken. Then, we all sat on the floor in the living room at a short table (made of a folding table, legs folded up, placed on top of cannery cans.) I bought chopsticks for us all to use, and I served the food in those little take-out boxes you get from Chinese restaurants.
Talia dressed up in the outfit I got her in China town last year.

It turned out to be a very fun evening. So much fun, in fact, that I've decided to do it once a month, with a different country every time. The problem now is just deciding what to do next!

3 comments:

Heather A said...

That is a good idea. I might have to steal it, although I'm not sure my kids are old enough to appreciate things like that. Glad to see you guys are having some fun.

Dad said...

Mom and I had Chinese takeout food tonight to celebrate the Chinese New Year. And when we called Reed they were having Chinese food that Katie made.

Crista said...

That's really cool! I'll bet the kids loved it. Those kinds of things create good memories.