Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Here We Go Again

Today we went back to Shriner's, and began a new casting series on Petra's feet. We will go back down to SLC every other week to get these casts changed. The idea is to gradually stretch out the skin and tendons to improve her feet in preparation for surgery in November. The more progress we make with the casts, the easier the surgery.



Theoretically, she should be able to walk in these, but as the knees are bent, I honestly have my doubts. However, I dug out her walker, and with some practice, I think that she will be able to manage it. Until then, I'm going to be sending her to school in a stroller, a short-term wheel-chair.

1 comment:

Crista said...

Sweet Petra. My heart goes out to her. The casts are very colorful though. The kids will probably think they're cool.