Monday, September 15, 2008

For Sale


I have been working like mad for the past few weeks to get our house ready to sell. It has been a very frustrating process. No matter how hard I worked, I never seemed to get anywhere. I had to sort through and box up everything we didn't really need in the house, paint every singe room except for the downstairs bathroom (it was recently painted) and clean everything. In addition to everything I could do (basically the tasks that didn't require any real skill) there was tons for Dusty to do. He had to finish re-modeling the upstairs bathroom (everything in it is new), put a new light in the stair well (it's really dark), put new carpet in the stair well (can you say astro-turf?), and put in a new front door. He also helped me with my tasks as much as he could, but we ended up starting this project just as school started for him. We still have a little bit of work left to do, but, Saturday night, we finally got this place officially listed! I was tickled to death to see that sign out in front of our house. It's happening!
For those of you who don't know, this all started when we happened to find a house in Idaho Falls that we really want. My best friend growing up and her husband just bought a new house, and we went to visit them. Her house has 5 bedrooms, and is very nice. Well, I jokingly told her that we should have bought it out from under them, since we could really use the bedrooms (our current house has 3 bedrooms with 7 kids and 2 adults--do the math.) Anyway, my friend said that there was a very nice house just one street over for sale. As we left her house, we decided to just drive by the other house to see what it was like. We went past the one that she had meant, but we saw another house down the road that sparked our interest right away. We got one of the little flyer things that told all about it, and it showed that there was a large shop on the back of the property as well. Anyway, we just thought about it for a couple of days, and I thought, "I wonder how much that house costs?" So, I called up the real estate agent and asked her. And, it wasn't too bad. So we thought about it for a little bit longer, and I said to Dusty, "You know, I feel like we really should go and take a look at that house." Ever since then, we have been referring to it as "Our House". The shop could be our very own fencing building, something that Dusty has been dreaming about for the past 9 years. And there is an upstairs family room that we can convert to a master bedroom (complete with its own bathroom!) making it a 6 bedroom house.
Now, we just have to hope and pray that our house will sell and the owner's of the other house will accept our offer.

1 comment:

Heather A said...

Good luck! I really hope things go smoothly for you guys. Sounds like a LOT of work.