Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Day 2

Today was day 2 of our trip to San Francisco, and it was a really great one. We rode BART back into the city, and then took one (very looooong) bus ride to the Exploritorium. Fortunately, we met some really cool Germans who were chaperoning a bunch of high school students. They were fun to talk with. The Exploritorium was a very neat hands-on science museum. I think that Dusty and I were more interested in it then the girls were, but Petra seemed to think that they were just a bunch of cool toys. Unfortunately, it was overrun with rowdy kids, and she nearly got knocked down a couple of times. Also, we got there just at lunch time, and we were determined to eat dim sum in China town. We really only got to see a fraction of the museum before I and the girls were dying of hunger, so we left and caught another bus to China town (I'm getting pretty good a this public transportation thing!) We had a delicious lunch. With dim sum, they bring bring several dishes around to all of the tables, and you just say what you want. They put the plate on your table and add it to your bill. It actually turns out to be pretty reasonable. Anyway, it took me a while to get into it, because I was sooooo hungry, and they weren't bringing us any food! Also, we accidentally bought some really gross things. We ordered duck feet. The lady was like, "Duck feet?!?! Okay....." and she was right, we hated them. But it was fun to try new things. We went around to some of the shops, and I got a bag, Dusty got a shirt, and Talia got a cute little outfit. Also, we found some bakeries. I love the custard buns, and Dusty loves these rice cakes, which have a texture which is half-way between rice, and mashed potatoes (yuck!) The girls we exhausted tonight, because neither of them got a nap today, and Dusty and I are pretty sore, from all of the walking, but it really was such a wonderful day. Tomorrow, the beach.

3 comments:

Crista said...

I'm so glad you're doing these postings so I can follow your adventures. The weather there is supposed to be sunny today, so although it will be cold at the beach, it should be fun anyway. I hope so. I hope it's a memorable day for you.

Heather A said...

Sounds like you are having a fun trip!

Dad said...

If you remind me I'll save all my duck feet for you this fall.