Sunday, January 27, 2008

Castle Cake


I've baked another cake! Neil's birthday is coming up, so I made him a Castle Cake. This one was not nearly so exciting as the last one. I used two cake mixes because one just did not look like it was going to fill the pan and it completely overflowed and dripped onto the burner in the oven. Now it stinks whenever we use it. Probably better clean that. I also way over estimated how much icing I needed and made three batches. But, hey, I think the final product turned out pretty well. It's nothing like the picture, of course, and that always frustrates me, but I am going to be taking a cake decorating class at the local craft store starting next month, and that should be really fun.

3 comments:

ryan.abbott.dds said...

Hey, that's pretty neat, Leah. I'm impressed.

Just watch out for those cake fumes. Ever heard how Professor Trelawney ended up how she did? She was a cake chef before a seer -- a mad caker!

Heather A said...

My mom had a little book of how to cut cakes up to make fun shapes and I have great memories of the cakes she used to make for our birthdays. I think it is good to do that. You are providing great memories for your kids!

Crista said...

Just make sure you don't let the cake slide off the cardboard and crack up or you will never live it down, and all the cute cakes you've made will be completely forgotten!