Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Halloween Party

I was just standing there one day, looking at my calendar, with every single day full to the brim, and I thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be FUN to have a big Halloween party for all of the kids?" Seriously, I do not have time for this. Seriously, I think that I must be losing my mind. Seriously, we are doing it.

I promised myself that I would not go overboard, and to that end, I hand-made all of the invitations using scrapbooking paper that I already had on hand. I talked to Petra, Sarah, and Kira, and asked them each if they would like to invite a few friends. We talked about it, and came up with a list of six friends each (I mean, not everyone you invite will come, right? RIGHT?) I really wanted the Kira and Sarah to be able to invite their friends, too. I realize that all of their friends live in Rexburg, but that's not that far away, really. Well, I got the invitations all ready, sent them home with instructions to hand them out Monday at school, and their mother talked them out of it. She told them that their ward was having a Halloween party and they could see all of their friends there. I am really upset by this. I have a long history of putting everything I can think of into parties and having them completely bomb. In fact, at this moment, I can think of only one successful party that I have thrown. Ever.

Anyway, I am plowing stubbornly onward. Even if it does turn out to be only Petra's friends, we are DOING it!

6 comments:

Heather A said...

Good attitude! Sounds like fun. Can we come?

aleahj said...

PLEASE!!! I would absolutely adore it if you could come!

ryan.abbott.dds said...

GO LEAH!

Crista said...

I can't wait to see how Talia's costume turns out. It looks like it's going to be beautiful!

Unknown said...

very nice article supply chain online degree.

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing the post.kindly visit us @ Commercial real estate agent in tiruvannamalai | Commercial properties for sale in Tiruvannamalai