Monday, May 19, 2008

New Things

Today, I got two new things. First, I got a new pair of hiking boots, actually, my first pair of hiking boots ever!

For some silly reason, this program put the picture up sideways! Well, you get the idea. They are Merrells, and they are the second most expensive pair of footwear I have ever bought (the first being my fencing shoes--but not by much!) Anyway, I got them in preparation for our Rocky Mountain trip this summer. I am so excited! I got them nice and early so that I will have time to break them in.

The second new thing I got, was a new haircut! This picture shows the front, and the back is really, really short. What do you think? I just couldn't stand long hair with the heat we've had the last couple of days. I've never had short hair before, but I think I like it really well.

3 comments:

reabbotted said...

I really like the new haircut. It looks very nice on you. I'm also glad that you're still planning on going to Colorado. Have you had a chance to get out on the hills and break in those boots at all?

aleahj said...

It's only been a day or two, and it's been raining yesterday and today, but we are planning on going to the cabin next week (yea! Dusty's almost done with school) and I will deffinitely be doing some hiking then.

Katie said...

I love the haircut Leah, it looks so cute on you. I've been wanting to cut my hair too. Long hair just isn't worth it in the summer.