Saturday, October 20, 2007

Kabul Beauty School



I just finished one of the best non-fiction books I've ever read. It's about an American beautician that goes to Afghanistan right after the Taliban fell to help. She gets this idea to open a beauty school for Afghan women so that they can have a way to earn more money and have a marketable skill. I think that it is really amazing what she did. I don't think that most people would realize how much a beautician could really help! It is fascinating and heartbreaking to read about the Afghan women's lives, before, during, and after the Taliban. It is also quite humorously written. I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

1 comment:

Heather A said...

I just wanted you to know that I enjoy reading what you write. Post more often!! I know it is hard with all you have going on. We sure do love you guys and are looking forward to seeing you and meeting Talia in a month!